Fincar or Generic Proscar tablets are designed to treat symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in patients with an enlarged prostate. It improves the symptoms, reduces the risk of acute urinary retention as well as decreases the risk of the need for surgery including transurethral resection of the prostate and prostatectomy.
The Fincar tablets are manufactured by Cipla Ltd. in the strength of 5mg which in combination with alpha-blocker doxazosin is used to decrease the risk of symptomatic progression of BPH. Inside Fincar, the active ingredient is Finasteride and each of the film-coated tablets contains 5mg of Finasteride.
How should we utilize the top reactions of Fincar tablets?
Finasteride 5mg tablet is suggested by doctors to treat symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia called BPH in men with an enlarged prostate. It is responsible for improving the symptoms and bringing reduction in the risk of acute urinary retention as well as the risk of the need for surgery which includes transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) and prostatectomy.
The recommended dose of Fincar by Cipla is the oral consumption of one tablet once a day with or without having a balanced diet. Fincar can be taken alone or in combination with the doxazosin as per the need. You do not need to change the dose if you have renal impairment nor does any elder patient need to take a different dose.
What is the suggested dose for the chewing Fincar tablet?
Eating one tablet of 5mg once a day with or without food is the recommended dose of Fincar tablets. Do not intake it beyond the suggested limit.
Fincar tablets are contraindicated for hypersensitive patients or who are allergic to any other ingredient of the pill. Similarly, it is contraindicated for women who are pregnant or about to be pregnant. If this drug is used during pregnancy or pregnancy happens while taking this tablet, the affected woman should be informed about the potential hazard to the male child in the womb.
What are the most typical side effects of Fincar tablets?
Such side effects of Fincar which are reported by 1% or more of the patients are impotence, decreased libido, and decreased quantity of ejaculation, breast enlargement, breast tenderness, and rashes.
Some of the additional side effects are as follows:
- Trouble in getting or keeping an erection.
- Reduction in the sex drive.
- Premature ejaculation and other disorders.
- Enlarged or painful breast.
- Allergic reactions include rashes, itching, hives, and swelling of the lips and face.
- Testicular pain.
- Male breast cancer.
Note: Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any change in breast lumps, feel breast pain, or nipple discharge.
Why is it an important assignment to read warnings and precautions before using Fincar tablets?
- It should be taken only by men and should not be given to a child or woman ever.
- A normal touch or consumption of Fincar tablets for women is harmful as Fincar may be absorbed and it would be risky for male children in the womb.
- A doctor should interfere before taking Fincar tablets if you have an infection, prostate cancer, stricture disease, hypotonic bladder, or other neurogenic disorders or, it occurs in order to treat BPH.
- Patients with large residual urinary volume or seriously diminished urinary flow should be carefully observed for obstructive uropathy as Fincar tablets may not be the correct medicine to take.
- Patients with liver problems should be careful while taking Fincar as Finasteride is metabolized much in the liver.